Thursday, May 24, 2012

Milan Hates Thursdays

Italy trip day One: (Which is really 2 days since we traveled into future time)

So we started our Wednesday at around 4-5am and Fred, Sindy, and myself traveled on up to NJ prior to catching our flight out to our freedom and vacation. It was around a 4 hour trip and Fred was good enough to be our pilot with Sindy and myself as the loyal peanut gallery. (P.S. We LOVE NJ traffic rules *insert sarcasm*)

Frankly, packing for the trip and getting on the flight went off without a hitch. We caught our plane, had a minor delay (around 30 mins) but we got in the air and were excited and on our way.

Now.... some of us (*cough fred cough sindy cough*) are able to sleep on planes. Not all of us are so lucky. I ended up trying almost every position imaginable to try and get comfy....didn't work. Never have been able to sleep on a plane and I guess I just won't be able too.

We happily landed in Italy around 9am their time and 3am our time on May 24th. By time we got our luggage and headed out on the shuttle. 2 out of the 4 of us. Had been up straight for over 24 hours. (WOOHOO)

BUT... happiness was in sight. We checked into our awesome hotel~  Christoforo Colombo in downtown Milan.


Now.. this is where the title makes point. For some reason, even though it's booked as 4 people via the internet, we were not allowed to have 4 people in the room per fire regulations. SO, we have ended up adding a cot to one room and renting another. (Cuz apparently 3 is fine). During this we discovered something.

Renting a hotel in Milan on a Thursday is 50-100 Euros more expensive than any other night. WHY?...you ask...We have no idea but neither us nor the receptionist were happy about it.

After straightening all the confusion out we all FINALLY got a much needed shower and were ready to explore the day (which by that time was around 1pm Milan time/7am Eastern). YAY for no sleep! haha

Then we proceeded to have shenanigans. Me...I tried coffee for the first time and I found out.....I really don't like it. LOL  it's not just the smell that's disgusting.



What I did like? The gelato! OMG it's SO good.  :)    I will probably eat this everyday.



We then proceeded to downtown Milan to view the Duomo and the Cathedral. We were unable to go into the Cathedral due to myself and Alex.



Alex had a fancy camera that wasn't allowed

And my knees were showing... which is considered a lil sacrilegious (we have since dubbed this an Italian whore muscle....aren't we original?)  LOL

I also lost about 20 Euros to a bunch of hooligans that make pigeons land on your hands (which sure, I want those diseases) and then proceed to follow you around asking you for money. 



We rounded out our Thursday with a delicious Pizza dinner and its now around 630-7pm here. AND we're all exhausted...

I will probably post pictures when I can, but for now. WHEW   I'm gonna nap...or die... one or the other.




No comments:

Post a Comment