Monday, August 4, 2014

August - Broke and Tired

Hello wonderful world!!

So I've been quiet here for a bit. A lot... maybe I've been ignoring this blog on purpose.guilty

Frankly, I meant to start a blog post on Friday about how I wasn't going to be spending that much money in August, how I was going to truly watch the budget and be amazingly, stupendously frugal - the Wonder Woman of budgeting, blah blah blah......

Then I spent like $70ish on Thursday
Then I spent around $50ish on Friday
Then I spent like $50ish on Saturday
Then I spent some more money yesterday (Sunday)

So basically 'Then I royally screwed my possible August budget in the first 3 days"

BUT THAT'S NOT ALL!   - I have an idea of what bills I have this month... and this month is only going to get more expensive amazing. 

So kind people - I've decided to do something fun. I plan to update weekly on this blog (let's see how long that lasts *crosses fingers*) for at least the month of August and keep a going tally of how much I've spent in Aug.
I'll just do a little red $X at the end of my posts and that will be that. And you can all see the horror and damage my shopping problem causes.
(Please note: A lot of purchases are food and I don't consider those 'shopping problems'... that's just...well... survival....) I still see you judging me!!

So I'm trying to think of all the updates everyone has missed house wise and money wise from me.... hmmmmm.... my last Post was in January.. so let's do quick summaries!

February ~ we got a new closet!!  :D

No, we didn't bulldoze the closet - more of, we got Elfa!! (<-- click that word to see amazing things) 

Our original closet kind of only held my clothes... meaning Danny had all his stuff in the spare bedroom. This had maybe something nothing to do with how much clothing I had and everything to do with how our closet was structured.

We had the typical walk in that had one shelf on each wall. For a huge total of 3 shelves with cramped hanging room for clothing. ..... It ..... sucked....

However when we got our new closet - it now EASILY holds all of Danny's clothes and mine~ with room to spare :)    We also have drawers and can fit our luggage in the closet now up top. I also can fit my shoes in here in little plastic containers and a pull out shoe rack!!

Here are some photos:

From entering the door (Left side and straight ahead)

Me crouching on the left side so you can see the right side of the closet

It's amazing~
Spectacular~
So far my favorite thing that we've had done to the house.

March ~ was mainly comprised of family, friends, food, and some snow
(a.k.a. the winter that never ended)


Here are some photo re-caps for those of you interested  :)

Delicious Kimchi Soup~~

So happy it's summer now!

This cat just does what it wants... no matter how you feel...

YAY!!  *HUGS*

Need to work on my camera holding skills.... :)


April: WINE!!

I had been planning and hoping for a new addition to the house and my dreams became real~
We bought and built our very own wine cabinet! Isn't it beautiful?

Yes I have a wine holder on top of the wine cabinet... never too much wine


May: Everything is Awesome! (-con) 

Basically Awesome-con is a convention where people (such as myself) can geek out, buy things (naturally), dress up (not me), and freak out over TV/Movie crushes (definitely me).

Firefly anyone? Jewel Staite is gorgeous!

He had the best attitude and personality - and clearly, sense of humor

Yay~ Nicholas Brendon

Hercules!!!! :D

Cary Elwes "As you wish"~

LOTR, RUDY, aka this man is awesome!

June: Birthdays all around!

This month was a blur of activities (See Danny), celebrations, video gaming (see Vi for photos), and money spending.
I have... no recollection of how much money was spent.....  There seems to be a rumor of book buying that totaled over $400.... I mean.... I don't know *halo*

Some light reading~~~~~

July: Ch-cha-cha-cha-chaaaaaaaaanges

I have been promoted at work! Meaning my July was rather tame and work focused and actually very fitness focused as well. But HEY PROMOTION!!  :D
(which may mean more money which may mean better budget more things)

P.S. Anybody have a fitbit? I need more friends on there.... ones that I can compete with and not get crushed by *cough* Tia *cough* Mara *cough*

Well this is my life up to August....

Still budgeting and broke
And still tired but working out!

GO TEAM!~~  


$115 (*dies*)

No comments:

Post a Comment