Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Italy Day Eight: Expensive Day


Today we slept in and then headed out to the Spanish Steps. We booked our way to the Roma Termini Metro station and then headed our way to Flaminio. Which is close enough.
Funny story…. There is not metro line on half this city. AKA we get to walk….a lot….while we’re here. (Yay?)
 (This store was inside Roma Termini...pretty cute~)
Also a fun fact, the maps they give you while you’re here…SO NOT TO SCALE. And not necessarily accurate. You are better off asking for directions some times…. I know I do. Haha   
Either way, today was our ‘shopping’ day. We have spent a lot of the time running around and not buying souvenirs. So today was our day to hit a few sites and then..SPEND MONEY. (I’m soooo good at that part ;p )



We went to the Spanish steps for a bit and then got a lil turned around in the heart of Roma WHILE looking at a map (thank you inaccurate cartographer).


Then we finally found our way to the awesome shopping district.

 
Well, I bought some artwork and bargained them down by around 10 Euros for a set of 3. Then I went and bought a souvenir for my Dad, Mom, Danny, and Helly. (HOPE YOU ALL ARE EXCITED)  :0)
We also went to an amazing store called Anthea. It’s privately owned and not a chain store. I had a charming saleswoman help me pick out a few things and then, when talking to the cashier, discovered…..he designed ALL the clothing.  :-O 

He and Sindy got to talking since he was also a Graphic Designer and we all ended up exchanging information so she could discuss artsy things with him. He was super funny and was really worried to take a picture with us. “Ahhh…. I don’t know… I have girlfriend….” We posed together allowing ‘room for Jesus’ as the saying goes so his gf wouldn’t get jealous. =P
He also liked us so he knocked of 5-10 Euros on our purchases.
I’m really starting to enjoy this whole Europe thing… I’m good at networking (well, in my opinion at least) and people are willing to be networked. Haha

From there we went to the BEST Gelato I’ve had tooooo date! It was said to be the best in that area. (Well, besides the Pantheon but we’ll go there tomorrow). It was amazing. Absolutely mouthwatering.

It was creamy and just melted in your mouth like a wafer. I got Honey and Ginger/Cinnamon for the first time and then we all shared some Apple and Whiskey for the next one.

Very good.  I still want some. Pretty much… Right now….
After our 2 servings we headed to dinner and had more delicious food.

From there we went to another wine store and Alex bought more wine. At this point I think he has like 4-6 bottles of wine. Ridiculous. A local warned us he’s going to have to pay a fee to get it back to the US.  He apparently is ok with that. 


After the wine store, we (instead of taking the metro) decided (stupidly) to walk our butts all the way home. It was around a 30 min walk, maybe 45… but my feet are killing me. Haha

I’m going to take a long bath when I get back home. LONG BATH. …. With bubbles…and candles.
I guess that’s the vacation after the vacation.

Quote of the day:
Fred:….they get that from eating the Akerns.
Alex: Wait, What?
Ashly: You mean Acorns?
Fred: Yea, Akerns.
Sindy: Just let him go, let him go.
Alex: AAAAcorns
Fred: Akerns….wait…that doesn’t sound the same does it…..

No comments:

Post a Comment